The Hurricane Warning has been prolonged to the north and east in North Carolina, based on the 11 a.m. ET advisory for Hurricane Dorian from the Nationwide Hurricane Middle.
The warning stretches as much as the North Carolina/Virginia border, together with the Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds.
Northeast Florida and the Carolinas ought to “stay vigilant” to the potential of harmful winds, flooding, a life-threatening storm surges from Dorian, the NHC mentioned.
Here’s a abstract of watches and warnings in impact for the storm:
A Hurricane Warning is in impact for:
- North of Savannah River to the North Carolina/Virginia border
- Albemarle and Pamlico Sounds
A Hurricane Watch is in impact for:
- North of Ponte Vedra Seaside FL to Savannah River
A Tropical Storm Warning is in impact for:
- Volusia/Brevard County FL line to Savannah River
A Tropical Storm Watch is in impact for:
- The North Carolina/Virginia border to Chincoteague VA
- Chesapeake Bay from Smith Level southward
A Storm Surge Warning is in impact for:
- North of Port Canaveral FL to the North Carolina/Virginia border
- Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds
- Neuse and Pamlico Rivers
A Storm Surge Watch is in impact for:
- North Carolina/Virginia border to Poquoson VA, together with Hampton